Our Purpose Statement
To assemble to praise & worship and become empowered to; exalt the Lord, equip believers, evangelize the world, serve, and expand the Kingdom of God.
“Always Triumphant in Christ.”
Our Seven Pillars
By the grace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit we will always endeavor to obey and glorify the Lord by becoming greater in:
• Praise and worship
• Bible study
Our Core Values
Our distinctive, passionate & enduring convictions/ core beliefs that also act as guiding principles i.e. our philosophy of ministry and what we stand for includes the following:
- Dependence on God (John 15:5, Proverbs 3:5-10) -…Trust the Lord with all your heart …
- Authority of the Word of God (Hebrews 11:3, Mathew 8:8)-… but only speak a word and………..
- Christ centred praise and worship: (John 4:23-24)-… the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth…..
- Devotion to Fellowship of all Believers and Prayers (Acts 2:42-47)-…. they devoted themselves to…fellowship…prayer….
- Priesthood of all believers: (1 Corinthians 12:4-7, 1Peter 9, Revelation 1:5-6, Ephesians 4:11-12)-…God’s people for works
- Respect for leadership/fatherhood (1Tim 5:17, Jeremiah 35:18-19, 1Corinthians 4:15, Ephesians 6:1-4)- “…Honour your father….
- Winning people to Christ (1 Peter 3:15-16, Mark 16:15-20) / great Commission “….go into all the world and preach…..
- Stewardship and Accountability (1 Corinthians 4:2, Matthew 25:19-21)-…you have been faithful with a few…
- Excellence in all we do (Philippians 4:8’Genesis 4:3-7, Phil. 1:10)-…. That you may approve things that are excellent…. They are our strategic foundation, have intrinsic value and importance to us, hence will always guide our: conduct, activities, and goals while influencing our attitudes and behaviors.
The birth of Triumph in Christ Ministries (TCM) was after an intense period of seeking the Lord and a desire to do God’s will by the founder, Apostle James Njeru Nthigah. Amidst many challenges, like acquiring a favorable environment and venue to hold Church services, God gave us a hall for our meetings at the Mugo Shopping Centre where we held the first service with an attendance of 30 people in March 2000.
After sometime, we were able to begin lunch hour meetings in the same hall, and within a period of six months we experienced tremendous growth from 30 to 100 people.
We got a notice of vacation from the proprietors of the hall and on 4th June, 2000 we moved to the town centre (opposite Urban Primary school) in a semi permanent structure where the church continued to experience growth numerically, spiritually, and in infrastructure.
Between 2009 and 2010 we bought two parcels of land adjacent to each other measuring 2.25 acres and the sanctuary construction commenced in September, 2011.
The first phase of the permanent sanctuary was completed and on 30th November, 2013 the Church moved in (the grand Exodus) where the TCM is operating from to fulfill its mission of establishing a resource base for spreading the fragrance of Christ to the rest of the world.
The funds to run the activities of the Church, to purchase the land for the construction of the new sanctuary has all been sacrificially given by the willing hearts of the Church members and friends.
Through sharing and witnessing Christ, we have experienced increase to the present membership of about 700 adults and 120 children in our two services every Sunday. We attribute the numerical, Spiritual and developmental growth of the Church to the Almighty God.